Line Side Plant
Provides the underpinning knowledge and practical experience on the safe and effective operation of the Brush Cutter, Strimmer and Hedge Trimmer.
PLEASE NOTE: Forestry PPE is now required in addition to the standard PPE set out in the Task Risk Control Sheet (NR/L3/MTC/0003/SP021 Issue 4). This is to ensure adequate protection for all parts of
Forestry PPE will be made available on the Network Rail catalogue. This includes:
1. Forestry jacket conforming to EN ISO 20471 GO/RT protection class 3;
2. Forestry trousers conforming to EN ISO 20471 GO/RT protection class 3;
3. Visor faceshield conforming to N254/274000;
4. Neck cover protection conforming to N271/252000;
5. Forestry gloves conforming to EN388 and EN420.
Anyone required to use a Brush Cutter, Strimmer and Hedge Trimmer.
Competence Name Awarded:
Line side plant.
Safe use of portable & transportable plant.
Prerequisite Short Code:
Skills Assessment Scheme Regime:
How to Book