Scoping and Verification of Hand-Grinding Activities
At the end of the training the delegate will be able to:
- Correctly identify and size rail defects including those that result in derailment;
- Correctly apply track gauges to identify S&C derailment hazards and appropriate grinding repair activities;
- Produce a site specific Grinding plan;
- Identify and comply with relevant Company Standards;
- Conduct quality assurance of the Grinding activity undertaken including recording and communicating the outcomes;
- Identify and communicate post Grinding actions as required.
This module is designed to train persons who are responsible for undertaking Scoping and Verification of Hand Grinding Activities training as part of their duties on Network Rail Infrastructure. It is designed to develop a person’s knowledge, understanding and skills and is therefore particularly suited to persons required to prove their competence in these areas.
Competence Name Awarded:
Scoping and specifying hand grinding activities and verifying compliance.
Personal Track Safety; Controller of Site Safety or Individual Working Alone; Undertake Liquid Penetrant Testing; Undertake Magnetic Particle Testing; Hand Grinding of Railhead Defects.
Prerequisite Short Code:
PTS; COSS or IWA; NDT LPT; NDT MPT; Tr 25.
Skills Assessment Scheme Regime:
How to Book