At the end of the training the delegate will be able to:
- Describe continuous welded rail and the need for stressing
- Understand the expected behaviour of continuously welded rail at different temperatures
- Explain the terminology and calculations used for the restoration of stress
- Identify equipment required to restore stress in rails
- Carry out stress restoration in plain line track
- Carry out the recording and reporting of stress restoration works
Tr 01 Delegates must be a minimum age of 18. Must hold a valid Sentinel Card endorsed with PTS. Meet the medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124 Medical Fitness Level 1. Have a good level of literacy to meet Entry Qualifications.
Competence Name Awarded:
Restore Original Stress in Rails.
Maintain permanent way assets.
Prerequisite Short Code:
Skills Assessment Scheme Regime:
How to Book