Virtual, Online and Distance Learning
What is Virtual, Online and Distance Learning?
Caption: NEW: Virtual, online and eLearning
We’ve reinvented our offering to ensure more people can access our training
In recent months, we’ve transformed a number of our courses for delivery entirely online or through blended learning (mixing face-to-face and online delivery) to reduce the need for travel and create more opportunities to learn anytime, anywhere.
While many courses remain the same length and a similar format, others will be delivered in bitesize chunks to make information easier to digest and align with best practice for virtual training.
We’ve worked closely with Route Services IT to ensure every course delivered online is compatible with our operating systems so we can offer an effective, engaging and enjoyable learning experience.
WHAT TECHNOLOGY ARE WE USING?
- Virtual classrooms – receive training anytime, anywhere thanks to our virtual courses which are facilitated by a trainer and include interactive whiteboards, breakout rooms and more.
- Supplier-led technology – we’ve collaborated with our UK-wide network of suppliers to successfully trial and test their technology which includes Webex, Zoom, Skype and Teams.
- ELearning and eBooks – we’ve launched several new courses and eBooks to enable colleagues to learn more flexibly.
WHAT'S AVAILABLE NOW?
Click here to see what’s currently available for delivery virtually, online and via eLearning/eBooks.
We’re continuing to review and transform our courses – click here to find out what training will be available for virtual/online delivery soon.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Network Rail Training has launched a video that explains how we’ve reinvented our training offering at our centres and by introducing new technology, which will feature in all joining instructions.
- 80% of our Leadership & Professional Development training is now available online through virtual classrooms or online distance learning with a raft of skills training also being reviewed to see how we can explore new ways to deliver different courses.